
Saif Ali Khan was brutally attacked by Mohd Shariful Islam Shehzad on January 16, 2025, at his Bandra residence in Mumbai. The actor had to undergo surgery, had two serious wounds out of six and, in a couple of days, was discharged from the hospital. He resumed his professional duties and gave his first interview after the ordeal.
Saif Ali Khan shares his son, Taimur, asking him if he was going to die?
Saif recalled the spine-chilling incident in an interview with the Bombay Times. He shared that Kareena had been out to dinner and had some work in the morning, so he stayed. When she was back, they had a chat and went to sleep. After a while, the household rushed in and said that there was an intruder, a guy in Jeh’s room with a knife, asking for money! It was late around 2 am. Saif kind of lost it and went in there to see this guy holding (what he thought were) two sticks over Jeh’s bed. He had a knife in each hand and a mask on. The actor was slashed with two knives and thumped; his kurta was soaked in blood, and he was barefoot. Saif remembered Taimur asking him:
“Kareena was shouting for a rickshaw, or a cab, or anything. I said, I kind of feel some pain. There’s something wrong with my back. She said – you go to the hospital and I’ll go to my sister’s house. She was making calls frantically – but nobody was up. And we looked at each other, and I said, ‘I’m fine. I’m not going to die.’ And Taimur also asked me – ‘Are you going to die?’ I said, ‘No.”















